Class of 2013 Model, Brittany shares '25 things you might not know about me'
Posted on April 7, 2012 by Melissa
Thank you Brittany for sharing ’25 things you might not know about me’
Learn more about our Class of 2013 Senior Sessions here!
- When I was 15, I had open heart surgery at Children’s Hospital.
- I fundraise for a non-profit called Friends of Nutre Hogar and I travel to Panama in the summer and help in a center for severely malnourished children.
- I absolutely love reading – all genres really but I especially enjoy fantasy and realistic fiction.
- When I’m upset about something, I play the piano to help calm me down.
- I have travelled to Denmark with Golda Meir School twice – once in fourth grade and again in eighth.
- Onstage, I have played a 50’s teenager, a confused costume designer, a homicidal granny, a robot-like housewife, a queen on trial for murder, and a woman living during the turn of the century.
- I regularly visit a Senior Kindergarten class and help students with their printing skills.
- For five years I have been a Junior Chaperone for my former fourth grade teacher’s camping trip.
- I am the shortest person on our school’s volleyball team.
- I want to be a federal criminal prosecutor when I’m older.
- I cut off thirteen inches of my hair to donate to Locks of Love and still had hair to the middle of my shoulder blades.
- I took horseback riding lessons for five years and still go back to the barn to see the horses.
- I am an avid watcher of the TV show Bones.
- I have been involved in my student government since third grade.
- I have a passion for travelling – so far I’ve been to 18 different countries.
- I competed in the tango in the Mad Hot Ballroom dance competition. I then continued ballroom dancing for another year.
- Even though I live in Wisconsin, I’m not a Packers fan – go Detroit Lions!
- My first job was an intern for Harley-Davidson.
- I’ve met and chatted with authors Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié.
- I’ve learned three languages besides English in school: French, Danish, and Spanish.
- I am a tried and true Disney fan. And, I have worn every Disney princess costume made before 2009.
- On Sundays I tutor through Operation Dream, working with inner city boys.
- I am a member of nine different student groups.
- I am a hopeless romantic. <3
- I would be lost without my family and friends.