Ceviche: yummy favorite of Shoot the Moon
Posted on September 30, 2010 by joy
I’m a fan of ceviche. Its light, fresh and yummy!
When I was on a photographer retreat we had a chef come and do an interactive demonstration on Raw foods and she made an amazing coconut ceviche where the young coconut tool the place of the fish. I prefer the fish, and wanted to share my favorite recipe!
Preparation time: 15 minutes to prepare, 3-4 hours to let sit. Always use the freshest fish possible. Make the same day you purchase fresh fish.
- 2 lbs of firm, fresh red snapper fillets (or other firm-fleshed fish), cut into 1/2 inch pieces, completely deboned
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of chopped fresh seeded tomatoes
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Dash of ground oregano
- Dash of Tabasco or a light pinch of cayenne pepper
- Tortillas or tortilla chips
During the marinating process the fish will change from pinkish grey and translucent, to whiter in color and opaque.
Serve with chopped cilantro and slices of avocado with heated tortillas for ceviche tacos or with tortilla chips.
Be the first to leave a comment